Have questions or an idea for a new feature? Post away...

Google Drive Support

For those already using other Google services, support for Google Drive in openphoto would be a plus. It's just another cloud storage option.

282 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PeterPeter shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rykel LimRykel Lim commented  · 

I am a heavy user of Google Drive, Google+ Photos aka PicasaWeb and all things Google and OpenPhoto support for Google Drive will be the icing on the cake. (FABULOUS) By the way, I like your tagline - Photos REALLY are important to us. I divorced Yahoo the day Yahoo! Photos took our pictures hostage and demanded ransom money from us for the originals 10 years ago. REMEMBER YOUR DOWNFALL YAHOO. It started with robbing your users of their photos. Sorry, I digressed. :)

• AamirAamir commented  · 

@Jmathai:

I am using Google Drive (over Dropbox) for my photos since it's a LOT cheaper. I have over 75GB of photos and videos on Google Drive and quite frankly, their interface is not optimized for photos and videos at all. The interface treats images and videos the same as it treats files -- there's no gallery viewing, or even thumbnail rendering. Heck, the web-based version of Google Drive doesn't even display correctly on the iPad when viewing photos.

I am sure Google Drive users would be happy to try out OpenPhoto if it had Google Drive support -- I know I will be!

• Jakukyo FrielJakukyo Friel commented  · 

@Jmathai I guess most Google users use Google Drive and a lot of them use it for photos, since 1)Google Doc becomes part of Google Drive; 2) actually all photos uploaded via picasa and google+ will occupy Google Drive space (unless smaller than 2048x2048)

• Jordan O'MaraJordan O'Mara commented  · 

I like google drive since their storage options are cheaper than Dropbox. Would definitely like to see drive support!

• RobFRobF commented  · 

I'd like to see a Google Drive option as well.

• Michael Fitzpatrick-RuthMichael Fitzpatrick-Ruth commented  · 

right now Google drive only offers web APIs, so i think its doable.
        Google Storage might be the better option in general though, its closer to s3 than dropbox.

• PeterPeter commented  · 

For those that don't know ... 5GB for free and upgrade to 25GB ($2.49/mo), 100GB ($4.99/mo)

Feedback and Knowledge Base